Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Spicy Chicken Strip Recipe

Day 43
14 Recipes
2 Projects in Progress
1 Restaurant Review
1 Ingredient Article

I told myself I would not eat fast food for a year and I am sticking to that. On occasion I have a little deli food, I want to cut that out to. This does not mean I am eating very healthy it just means I have to fix everything myself, cutting out most preservatives, extra sugars, and chemicals. Since the beginning of the year just cutting fast food out I have lost 45 pounds. But I do have the cravings sometimes for KFC. The following recipe is of a slightly spicy chicken strips recipe I came up with as I was trying to copy their recipe.

Spicy Chicken Strips

3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (Cut into 1/3 inch thick strips diagonally across the grain)
1 Cup Flour
1 Cup Bread Crumbs
1 ¾ Cup Buttermilk
1 Tbs Cayenne Pepper
2 Tsp Black Pepper
2 Tsp Salt
1 Tbs Baking powder
2 Tsp Oragano
Enough oil to deep fry in

In large bowl add all ingredients except chicken, mix until you have a thin paste. Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel, add to the mix. Stir the chicken in until it is completely coated. Bring the oil up to 325 degrees, with tongs add coated chicken strips one at a time making sure not to overcrowd the fryer. Fry for 5-6 min until nice and golden brown, remove and place on a paper towel.





No comments:

Post a Comment