Sunday, March 11, 2012

Chicken Tacos

Day 12
8 Recipes Completed
2 Projects in progress

Not much to explain here, we all know of tacos. I created this dish as a way to use up some extra salsa I had. It turned out so moist and flavorful that every time I make my salsa I put some aside for this tacos. The recipe is not very complex and is more about what you have sitting around so don’t worry if you need to modify it a little.

Tacos
Meat
1 Pound boiled Chicken meat (I use the thighs but any meat is fine just make sure bones are removed)
1 ½ Cups Salsa Quemada (This salsa is my choice as it has a perfect blend of spice and freshness)
1 Tbs Fresh crushed oregano
1 tsp Chile flakes
1 tsp cumin
1 Tbs olive oil

Condiments
Greens (I used spinach)
Cheese
Avocado Cut into thin strips

And tortillas (I highly recommend the la tortilla factory hand made style white corn tortillas)

In skillet heat up oil on med high heat. Toss in chicken, chili flakes, cumin, oregano and ¾ cup Salsa. Fry for about 5 min, stirring until most of the moisture from the salsa is gone. Add the remaining ¾ cup of salsa, mix for a min or two to make sure it is hot then place on warm tortillas add your choice of toppings. Makes about 8 tacos.


Hope you enjoy,





Be sure to follow me on Twitter, and Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment