Sunday, March 4, 2012

Montreal Steak Rub Recipe

Day 5
3 Recipe Completed
2 Projects in progress

    Day 5 hell yes this is the longest I have ever stuck to a project. Thanks to my roommate helping sponsor my blog, and what I mean by sponsor is, buying food for me too cook. He bought a nice Tri-tip the other day and wanted me to cook it for him. The first thing that came to mind was my recipe for my own Montreal seasoning, this recipe saved Christmas last year. We where having prime rib for the Christmas dinner and I love adding the Montreal Rub to just about any beef roast, it has the perfect combination of saltiness and spice. The only problem was I forgot to buy it and all the stores had already closed. I was not sure what to do, someone mentioned you can try and make it yourself. I do have a impressive spice cupboard so I looked it up, I had to make a few slight changes to make it work with what I had but the end result was one amazing Rub.

Montreal Steak Rub
2 tsp Garlic Powder
4 tsp Coarse ground Coriander Seeds
4 tsp dill weed
2 Tbs Salt
4 tsp paprika
4 tsp Crushed red peppers
4 tsp Fresh ground black pepper

Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Spread evenly over roast or steak and rub into meat.

I have not bought the pre-made product since, an I don’t have any plans on buying it again. This recipe can be altered to your likening easily depending on your taste.


No comments:

Post a Comment