Friday, March 2, 2012

Herb Growing Day Part 1 Day 14

Day3
1 Recipe Completed
2 Projects in progress

    After buying some fresh herbs for a recipe a couple of weeks ago I figured I could try and grow my own. I been interested in plants lately and it sounded like a fun challenge. If you know me I do not have a green thumb at all, I am more like the reaper of the plant world.  I don’t have much room where I live to have a garden or even a yard that I can plant in, so everything is being done in little pots in our front room. I have planted Thyme, Dill, Rosemary, Spinach, Chilies, Oregano, cilantro, sage, basil,  and a few sunflowers. Again do to the fact I have no room I planted all the seeds of each plant together in there own little pots. This may turn into a problem down the road I don’t know if it will stop there growth or they will kill each other tell I have only one champion. Either way I will keep posting the progress as I go.


Along with the herbs in the soil I am going to try and get a avocado tree to start. I have read about all the people that have been successfully so why not. I started with buying 3 Avocados cut away the flesh and skin to eat and removed the seed. I then took three toothpicks, stuck them into three sides of the seed. Filled a glass full of water and placed the seed in, the tooth picks only let it sit about ½ way in the water with the large end down. I am thinking that in about a week they will start to have roots. I will do a follow up post with the progress.




No comments:

Post a Comment