Friday, March 16, 2012

Pigs in a Blanket Recipe

Day 17
11 Recipes
2 Projects in progress
1 Restaurant Review

I am going to keep the recipes simple for the next couple of days. Today I am doing pigs in a blanket, a recipe that most of you know or think you know. If you are anything like my friends you each have your own way to make them. I have heard of hot dogs wrapped in croissants, sausage in pancakes, even little smokey's wrapped in biscuits. I am not going to say any of those ideas are wrong …. Wait, yes I am! The true way is to make them with sausage and biscuits.

Pigs in a Blanket
2 Packages 8 ct Farmer johns pork sausage
1 Pack Pillsbury jumbo biscuits

In frying pan cook the sausage until it has a nice golden brown coat. Open the biscuits and cut each biscuit in half. Flatten one of the halves with your hands and wrap around a cooked sausage link and place on baking sheet. Repeat until all biscuits and sausage are done and bake for 10 - 15 min at 350, once biscuit's are light brown remove and place on plate to cool. Goes great with honey mustard dipping sauce.

You can switch out the sausage and biscuits for your favorite types.
 Be sure to follow me on Twitter, and Facebook. Don't forget to check out cookwithnick.com for much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment