Friday, March 9, 2012

Parmesan Potato Patties Recipe

Day 10
6 Recipes Completed
2 Projects in progress

Left over mashed potatoes is something we all have after thanksgiving or a large dinner. I remember growing up my mom use to make potato patties, she would use the left over mashed potatoes and throw in a egg and some salt and pepper an fry them up. I still love them to this day but wanted to touch the recipe up a little. So the other night I was stuck with some extra mashed potatoes and thought this is my chance.

Parmesan Onion Potato Patties

2 Cups Mashed Potatoes
¼ Cup onion minced
¼ Cup flour
½ Cup grated parmesan cheese
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1 tsp ground turmeric root
1 egg

2 Tbs olive oil
2 Tbs Butter

In mixing bowl combine potato, onion, flour, cheese, salt, pepper, turmeric, and one egg. Mix everything together. In hot pan add butter and oil and heat on med high. Spoon batter into pan like a pancake and press down tell about ½ inch thick. Fry for about 3-4 min tell golden brown, flip and repeat. This is a great breakfast item and makes about 4-6 patties

There you have it, I think this recipe gives my mom’s a run for its money, sorry mom.

Check out www.cookwithnick.com for recipes and more also follow me on facebook


2 comments:

  1. This is neat! I'll have to try this one day. What's the texture like? Is it like a pancake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not as fluffy as a pancake, slightly more dense with a crisp outside. This recipe is more savory and good with eggs and meat. If you take out the cheese and turmeric and serve topped with a little maple syrup it is also great.

    ReplyDelete