Thursday, March 15, 2012

Shrimp Won Ton Soup Recipe

Day 16
10 Recipes Completed
2 Projects in progress
1 Restaurant Review 

When I was a kid, I would always want to go to Hong Kong restaurant. A little chinese food place in Lakeport CA near where I had grew up. I don’t remember much of what I ate, except 2 dish’s stand out in my memory one was pot stickers, the other won ton soup. As a kid I don’t think I even cared that much of the soup, I was more excited to use one of those big Chinese soup spoons.. Now that its years later I have learned to also enjoy the soup it’s self.  It is a simple recipe, and healthy.


Shrimp Won ton Soup

Won ton’s
½ Pound raw Shrimp
1 Large Carrot
2 Cups napa cabbage
¼ Cup soy sauce
Won ton Wrappers

Soup
10 Cups Chicken stock
1 Bok Choy
2 Large Carrots
salt to taste

Add Chicken stock to large pot, Slice bok choy into med strips across the leaves and stems. Chop all the carrots into small squares, place ⅔ of the carrot and the bok choy in pot with the stock. Cover and turn to med high heat. Remove any skin and tail from shrimp and chop into small pieces. Chop napa cabbage into small pieces. In large bowl mix the shrimp, remaining carrots, cabbage and soy sauce. Place about 1 spoonful of the shrimp mixture on each won ton wrapper and fold.
When soup begins to boil, drop in won tons. Do not over crowd pot with to many boil for about 7 min and serve.

Be sure to follow me on Twitter, and Facebook. Don't forget to check out cookwithnick.com for much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment